Cities worth seeing.
Numerous historic towns invite to explore.
ca. 42 km
In the old Imperial city Rothenburg ob der Tauber you can experience the medieval times and the renaissance in Germany and how they really were. A short pull out of the places of interest:
- Market place: From here you can enjoy the view over the pompous patrician houses, which frame the market place
- St. Jakobskirche: Until today the most important church of Rothenburg towers over the city
- Johanniskirche of the 12th century: The only catholic church in Rothenburg ob der Tauber
- Medieval crime museum: Thousand years of law history is documented in the only law and justice science museum in Europe.
- Plönlein: The narrow half-timbered house is the most famous post card picture of Rothenburg.
- City wall: It is well-preserved completely and partially accessible - with many towers and gates (e.g. "Klingentor", "Galgentor", "Rödertor", "Stöberleinsturm",..)
- German Christmas museum: The museum is open all-season and here comes christmas of our ancestors back to life!
- Lotos garden: Experience East Asian flair at the Asian water garden at the suburb of Rothenburg